Site remediation and reclamation
The offer to the Client, referring in this case to the specific standard of the sector (Legislative Decree 152/06, as amended), involves the operations already described for asbestos abatement and removal, namely: preliminary investigation, soil identification, planning, environmental risk assessment, operation works and issuing certification proving each phase of the process has been carried out correctly.
While carrying out the service, particular attention is paid to reducing noise, vibration and the diffusion of dust – all operations are performed by personnel qualified and authorised in the use of specific equipment – and are coordinated by technicians, employees of the company, authorised by the Veneto Region in the Identification and the Recovery of Polluted Sites.
The remediation and reclamation, safeguarding, demolition and environmental restoration services are strictly planned and carried out in accordance with regulatory guidelines aimed at:
- permanently and significantly reducing the pollutants to within acceptable values for the reuse of the area subject to remediation and reclamation operations,
- reusing the soil resulting from such operations, appropriately treated as filling material possibly inside,
- favouring the use of organic materials of suitable quality from municipal waste collection activities for possible environmental rehabilitation,
- avoiding, at all times, hygiene and health risks for the population during the course of the work.
In order to offer an effective solution to the issues – which are highlighted right from the planning phase – SFA uses technologies developed and implemented as part of in-house research projects and specific applications as the remediation of sites contaminated by pollutants of various nature is an environmental priority that requires high-level technical and operational skills.
SFA, with its equipment, machines and personnel is now able to operate with application technology “off-site” or “on-site” carrying out the decontamination of plants and industrial buildings – including fuel storage – through the use of systems (mobile) for:
- soil washing
- soil venting
- soil vapor extraction
- air sparging
- extraction and purification of groundwater